Text/Keywords Search Tips
- Search terms must be three characters or greater in length
- Terms of fewer than three characters in length (not including wildcards) will be ignored during searches.
- Searches return product information only
- Searches will not return pages outside of the store shopping areas.
- Searches are case insensitive
- Searching for fire, Fire, FIRE, or fIrE will return the same results.
- Punctuation is treated as white space ¹
- Punctuation, with a few exceptions noted below, is ignored while searching using the Find all words in any order or Find any words in any order options, and is treated as a separator between search terms.
- Suffix a term with * to match zero or more trailing characters (Wildcard search) ¹
- Searching for fire will return only products which contain the word fire, but searching for fire* will return fire, firecracker, fireworks, etc. All characters after the * are ignored (until a space is encountered): a search for fi*e will return fire, but also fiesta, first, etc. At least one character must precede the *; searching for *ire will return no matches.
- Search for multiple terms to match all of the terms entered (AND search)
- Searching for two or more terms with the Find all words in any order option selected returns only items containing all of the terms. Searching for fire cracker using this option will return fire cracker and cracker, fire, but not fire or cracker alone.
- Search for multiple terms to match any of the terms entered (OR search)
- Searching for two or more terms with the Find any words in any order option selected returns items containing any of the terms. Searching for fire cracker using this option will return fire cracker, cracker. Fire, and also fire and cracker alone.
- When searching for multiple terms, precede a term with + to ensure it always occurs (AND search) ¹ ²
- Searching for +fire cracker will return fire cracker and fire, but not cracker alone. Preceding all terms with + would return the same results as selecting the Find all words in any order option.
- When searching for multiple terms, precede a term with - to ensure it never occurs (NOT search) ¹ ²
- Searching for fire -cracker will return fire but not fire cracker.
- When searching for multiple terms, enclose two or more terms in "" to ensure they always appears together, in the order entered ¹
- Searching for "fire cracker" will return fire cracker but not firecracker, cracker fire, or fire or cracker alone. This is similar to selecting the Find exact phrase only option, although it can be use in combination with other terms and phrases for greater refinement of the results. Enclosing all your search terms together in "" would return the same results as selecting the Find exact phrase option.
¹ Not valid when Find exact phrase option is selected.
² Not valid when Find all words in any order option is selected.